COVID-19 Statement and Information
What We Are Doing to Help Keep Our Guests and Staff Safe
We are happy to be back as of Thursday, July 2, 2020 – thank you for returning to the Inn at Ellis River – welcome back! If you are here for the first time, welcome to the Inn! Please go to our policy page for more information on our Covid-19 Commitment.
Please be advised that for all residents of the six (6) New England states, we will require a copy of your state driver’s license – please scan and e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring with you for presentation upon arrival. For all non-New England residents, you will be required to sign a form attesting to having self-quarantined for at least 14 days where you live and while going out for essentials, have practiced 6-foot social distancing and where that is not possible, have worn a face covering.
We have always been committed to providing a clean and comfortable environment for our guests. Our team consistently engages in enhanced cleaning practices which are carried out in all guest rooms and throughout our common areas. Our food preparation and service practices follow ServSafe guidelines. In the spirit of safety for our guests and staff, in addition to our normally enhanced protocols here at the Inn, we are implementing the following:
- We have installed a sneeze guard at our front desk to promote safety during the check-in process. The check-out process will be contactless in the initial phases – we will simply e-mail your final invoice.
- You will find sanitizing stations upon entering the main building and in the dining room.
- Signs to remind everyone to practice 6-foot social distancing have been placed around the Inn.
- In our common areas, we will be sanitizing all touch surfaces at least every two hours including our coffee and tea stations.
- Our well-loved breakfast dining experience will be a little different. We will continue the use of breakfast sign-up sheets. We are limiting seating to 6 couples at a time for the time being. Various tables will not be set to promote social distancing. Temporarily, instead of the initial self-serve part of breakfast, we will serve to you, our homemade granola, yogurt, fresh fruit and homemade breads. The second part of breakfast with our “famous” bacon will be the same as you remember.
- Afternoon goodies will still be available in our dining room, individually wrapped. Please practice social distancing. Our coffee and tea station will be available in our dining room and remains your choice whether to use them. All surfaces are sanitized frequently and there will be a hand sanitizer station in the dining room for your use.
- Our pub/ gameroom, outdoor pool and other common areas are all open. However, remember to practice social distancing.
- You will find that our guest room information books and diaries in which to tell us your experience have been temporarily removed (we appreciate reviews on Trip Advisor, Google and Facebook!).
- You will notice our amenities such as soaps and shampoo, will be found in your guest room in a plastic bag for your use only. Should there be amenities remaining upon the completion of your stay, please either dispose of them or bring with you for your use at home.
- There will be a small bottle of spray sanitizer in your guest room for in-room use only. Please feel free to spray surfaces based on your comfort-level. Please do not remove the bottle – these are for the rooms only and are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each guest.
Do Your Part:
As always, you will find our Inn as welcoming and comfortable. Please be patient as we navigate through the initial opening stages. We are obligated to follow the rules to the extent possible as set forth by our local, NH government and the CDC. Our expectation of our guests is that you will follow the guidelines as well. We reserve the right to deny service to those not following the expectations as provided.
Health Screening Questions to Consider:
For your information, an additional step we are taking for the time being is to check each team member’s temperature to ensure it is below 100° F (37.78° C) before each person begins his/ her shift. Each team member will be asked questions based on suggested guidelines and will not work his/ her shift if they answer “yes” to any question:
- Have you been in closed contact with a confirmed cased of COVID-19?
- Have you had a fever in the last 72 hours?
- Are you experiencing any respiratory symptoms (to include runny nose, sore throat, cough and/ or shortness of breath)?
- Are you experiencing aches/ pains or chills?
- Have you experience any changes in your sense or taste or smell?
Our bed and breakfast rates range from $149.00 to $339.00 per evening and include afternoon refreshments and a full gourmet country breakfast for two. All rates are subject to the 9% NH rooms and meals tax. Room gratuities are at the guest’s discretion. A minimum stay of two nights is required during most weekends and foliage season. Some peak/holiday dates including Columbus Day weekends, New Year’s Eves, and Presidents’ Day weekends require a minimum three night stay. Please note that guests rooms are on three floors and the Inn does not have an elevator.
All reservations must be secured by a deposit equal to 50% of the reserved stay, with a minimum of one night’s room and tax. The advance deposit guarantees both the guest and the Inn the entire period is reserved. Confirmation letters are sent via e-mail or the postal service with every reservation; please note arrival and departure dates carefully. The deposit will be forfeited if guests do not arrive, arrive after the reserved date or depart before the final date of the confirmed reservation. All guests will be charged for full length of reserved stay once stay has begun. All cancellations incur a $25 administrative fee per room canceled. With at least 14 days notice, we will refund your deposit less the administrative fee. For reservations cancelled within 14 days of the arrival date there is no refund unless the room can be rebooked for the entire period of the stay (under the discretion of the owners).
Ripley Falls is the only room that has the capacity for up to 4 people. However all room rates are based on double occupancy. A third or fourth person may be accommodated in the aforementioned room for an additional charge of $25 per person, per night. Advance reservation is required. When booking online or over the phone, please let us know how many are travelling with your party. Please note, we do not accommodate more than 2 people in any of our other rooms. We do not have roll-a-way beds or cots and we do not allow them to be brought in.
The Inn is primarily a romantic getaway and special occasion destination and not appropriate for children under twelve.
The Inn is not able to accommodate pets at this time. We can provide the name of places where your dog may board at night and join you during the day for hiking or other outdoor activities.
Forms of Payment
The Inn accepts Discover, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Traveler’s Checks, and Cash. Gift Certificates issued directly by the Inn at Ellis River may be applied to any charges or package components. We are happy to honor Gift Certificates/Gift Cards from third party vendors such as Select Registry, New England Inns and Resorts Association, etc. (that apply). for charges at the Inn, but we regret they may not be used to pay for package components provided by outside vendors (lift tickets, massages, restaurants, etc.). Note: As of 03/01/2019, we are no longer accepting bedandbreakfast.com gift cards.
Check-in is welcomed starting at 3 p.m. Please inform us if your arrival will be later than 10 p.m.
Check-out is requested by 11 a.m. (Late check out at 12:00 p.m. is subject to availability with advance notice).
For the safety of all our guests, we provide manufactured logs for the wood-burning fireplaces. Use of real wood logs is prohibited. Only one log at a time can be used. A charge of at least $250 will be applied for issues caused by non-compliance to this policy.
The Inn is a smoke-free environment, however, guests may smoke while enjoying our outdoor grounds. Do not smoke near open doorways or windows. Odors from any kind of smoking that enters the guest rooms, common areas and/ or buildings are prohibited. A charge of at least $250 will be applied for issues caused by non-compliance to this policy including cleaning charges, etc.
Guest Rooms with Jetted Tubs
The Inn provides a candle to be enjoyed while using the jetted tubs in our jetted tub rooms – please use only this candle. Do not light any candle not provided by the Inn. The Inn provides a scented spa pillow for your enjoyment in the jetted tubs. Please do not use any other products in these tubs. A charge of at least $250 will be applied for issues caused by non-compliance to this policy.
The Inn has a full liquor license issued by the state of New Hampshire. All drinking age laws apply. Please note personal alcohol is prohibited at all times from our Pub and all common areas within and outside the Inn and on its property. Personal alcohol must remain in one’s reserved guest room only.
The Inn at Ellis River (“Inn”) is the sole owner of personal information voluntarily provided to and collected by the Inn. The Owners/ Innkeepers of the Inn at Ellis River take your privacy seriously. The personal information is collected by the Innkeepers with the Inn at Ellis River. Personal information is collected via telephone for direct bookings or electronically via our booking engine which is linked to our Website.
This personal information is used only for the purposes of the services sought by the guest to include taking a reservation or special request, completing the booking process, confirming bookings and anything related to the booking. We have taken all known precautions, both physically and online, to protect the personal information provided to us. We do not and will not share, sell or rent information to any person(s), entity(ies) or third parties at any time.
For the purposes of sending periodic newsletters and other information such as special offers via the Constant Contact E-mail program, we do not and will not add any contact to our mailing list unless one expressly requests to be added to it via direct e-mail request to us or via our Website to voluntarily subscribe to our “VIP Email List”.
The Inn at Ellis River collects our guests’ voluntarily provided personal information for the following reasons:
- To receive a new booking or cancellation.
- To receive concierge requests or information about special requirements (i.e. dietary needs, etc.).
- To confirm and follow-up on bookings and concierge requests.
- To process payment for bookings and concierge.
Our Website contains links to other Sites. For the purposes of privacy, we are not in any way responsible for personal information on those Sites. Any personal information collected on Sites you choose to link to, are fully unrelated to the Inn and the responsibility of the other entity.
Rates and policies are subject to change and may vary during high demand periods.